The files you upload to Tenders.Net, whether as an Advertiser uploading tender documentation or as a Supplier uploading your tender submission, need to be easily opened and used by others. To assist this, we have placed some guidelines and restrictions on the files you upload.
- The file name should be in standard English alpha-numerical characters.
- The file name should not include these characters: \ / : * ? " < > | .
- Do NOT name your file with one of these as they will not work on some computers: CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9 .
- Do NOT have multiple files of the same name but in different cases (e.g., "test.doc" and "TEST.doc") as this will not work well on some computers.
- The file name should not start with a period as this will cause the file to be hidden on unix-style operating systems (e.g., ".hidden.txt").
- The file name should be less than 50 characters in length, including the final extension (e.g., .docx or .pdf).
- Try to use PDF (Portable Document Format) files where possible for best compatibility
- Try not to use proprietary file formats that require the user to purchase specific software to open.
- Do NOT upload Applications, Installers or Executables that need to run on a computer.
- Remember that some suppliers may be on a data cap or using a mobile device to download.
- Large file sizes take longer to download and may fail to open on older computers.
- Try to keep individual files to less than 100 MB. If you have large images, keep them in separate files instead of embedding them in the same document.
- Try to keep the combined total size of all your files to a minimum.
- If you have large files, try putting them inside a compressed archive, such as a .ZIP file.